Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital
Why the name Wellfound? Wellfound is a nod to the rich maritime history of our area. "A wellfound vessel always holds what it needs for a safe voyage home. Properly provisioned, it can more easily navigate rough waters. Steered by its own strength and propelled by its own belief in self, Wellfound provides the sure footing to a hopeful future."
To facilitate the development of a full continuum of integrated, high value behavioral health services for the South Sound Communities.
Building partnerships to create a behavioral health system of care that delivers opportunities for hope and recovery.
- The state of Washington currently ranks 48th out of 50 states for prevalence of mental health services. Pierce County has been severely short of psychiatric beds since the closure of Puget Sound Hospital in 2010. Improvement of mental health services has been so critical that the Washington State Department of Health approved The Alliance for South Sound Health to build and operate a new $46 million behavioral health hospital in Tacoma. Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital is a joint venture of CHI Franciscan Health and MultiCare Health System. Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital will a continuum of care for individuals experiencing a psychiatric emergency. The primary goal of these services is to stabilize and improve psychological symptoms of distress and to engage individuals in the most appropriate treatment to address the problem that led to the crisis.
- Intake and referral will provide admission and evaluation for adults in acute crisis to determine the appropriate level of care and next steps in treatment, clinical telephone triage and response, inquiries about inpatient care, outpatient care, community services, linkage to community services.
- Our 23-hour crisis observation or stabilization will provide adults in severe distress with up to 23 consecutive hours of supervised care to help de-escalate the severity of their crisis and need for urgent care, and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Inpatient program treats patients with a variety of disorders, such as depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, anxiety disorders including obsessive-compulsive disorder, and other serious psychiatric conditions. This brief, acute program provides comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment to stabilize psychiatric symptoms. Crisis intervention and individualized, structured treatment are provided to patients in need of an intensive and safe setting. The goal is to achieve rapid symptom improvement and develop transition plans for continued progress after discharge.
- Our dual diagnosis inpatient program is designed for patients with dual diagnoses of substance-abuse disorders and psychiatric illness. Our clinical approach addresses the interaction of the substance abuse and the psychiatric illness, recognizing the strengths of each patient and using creative and flexible interventions to achieve safe detox and treatment goals.
Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital's transition services were designed in recognition that the first 12 weeks after psychiatric hospitalization are the highest risk period for suicide, and with the community's limited resources we should commit to following patient's until they have safely connected with an outpatient provider.
Shared decision making is a key component of Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital's patient-centered health care. It is a process in which clinicians and patients work together to make decisions and select tests, treatments and care plans based on clinical evidence that balances risks and expected outcomes with patient preferences and values.
The leadership team for Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital is:
||Chief Executive Officer
||Chief Medical Officer
||Chief Financial/Operating Officer
||Director of Human Resources
||Director of Nursing
|Amanda Bieber Mayberry
||Director of Clinical Services
||Director of Quality Management
||Director of Governance and Credentialing
The decision to seek treatment can be a difficult and frightening. If you think you need help, please seek treatment. Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital would be honored if you trust us with your care. Whether with us or another provider, the most important thing is you get the care you need. So please reach out, call or walk in and know that treatment works.
We are located at the corner of 19th Street and Union Street - 3402 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405 or call 253-301-5410.